Frequently Asked Questions
Locations / Photos
- What churches are available for Royal Kaila's Weddings?
- Currently, we only conduct wedding ceremonies at Mokuaikaua Church. Being the oldest church in Hawaii, it has a lot of history and is perfect for the classical Hawaiian wedding.
- What chapels are available for Royal Kaila’s Weddings?
- Royal Kaila offers weddings at the Hilton Waikoloa Chapel, located in Waikoloa Village as well as Bayside Chapel, located in the Sheraton Kona Resort.
- Can we book a wedding any date?
- Weddings can be booked for any day except Sundays, however depending on the church's schedule, certain dates may also be unavailable. Thank you for your understanding.
- Which plans offer outdoor weddings?
- The beach wedding plan and the Palace wedding plan are outdoors.
- Which churches/chapels have an ocean view?
- The Hilton Waikoloa Chapel Plan and the Bayside Chapel plan offer an ocean view.
- Where are the photo shoots done?
- Photos will be taken at the beach nearby our salon which has a lot of the great scenery Hawaii has to offer. However, some plans offer to change to Sky Beach for customers wanting an even larger beach.
- Are there any restrictions on religion, nationality, etc.?
- No. There are no restrictions.
Reservations / Fees
- How much does it cost for Hawaii Wedding?
- Hawaii wedding and honeymoon can be set, so overseas wedding is economical. Although it is common that 15 to 20% of the honeymoon budget will be wedding expenses, the price will differ depending on how you choose your wedding ceremony and options.
- Is the plan price tax-included?
- All the price information at the Royal Kaila are "tax included price". Hawaii State Tax is also included in our package.
- Are tips included?
Tips are not included in the plan prices. For customers wanting to give tips to the pickup driver, hair stylist, attendant staff, or photographer, a tip of up to $20 is best.
- What payment methods are accepted?
You can use your preferred payment method from bank transfer or credit card payment. In addition, you can choose the desired currency of payment from yen and dollar, so please select at the time of application. Please note that payment in dollars is only credit card payment.
Bank Transfer Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Yokohama Ekimae Branch (ordinary) 0687671 Exeo Japan Co., Ltd. Royal Kaila Credit Card we accept Visa, MasterCard, and JCB
Before making a payment, please review the information stated on our [Credit Card Payment Process] and [Terms & Conditions for Credit Cards] pages.
- ※Please be sure to complete the payment within 3 days from the of application.
- ※As soon as we receive your payment, you will receive a "completion of application" mail from us and an invitation mail for the day, application is then completed.
- I want to cancel
In the event a cancellation is made on the day of the shooting day, or during the cancellation time period (changing the date of reservation will also constitute a cancellation), a cancellation fee of 100% of the amount paid (including any and all options selected) will be incurred and will not be refunded.
15 days at least prior to the shooting date will be free of charge
-Refund the money you transferred with no extra charge
14 days or less prior to the shooting date will be charged
Within 14 days before the shooting date until the day of shooting date
-100% of total cost including option fee.
- In the event a cancellation or change is made in advance of the cancellation
time period, no cancellation fee will be incurred. Refunds will be issued two months after the day of receiving the cancellation notification and will be credited to the customer's account. A $10 handling fee will be incurred and will be deducted from the refund.
We will notify you by phone upon cancellation request
808-369-8080（accepted Hours 9:00 - 17:00）
- Can I book for a reservation, the same day as our arrival at Hawaii?
We are very sorry, but Royal Kaila basically refrains from booking on your arrival date and return date.
Please note that schedule change and refund will not be made even if arrival time is delayed caused by typhoons, plane cancellations, or other causes (regardless of the reason) will also incur a cancellation fee.
Also, your hair and skin might be dry due to the air inside the cabin. It will be better to have a rest day, resting the skin can leave a nice picture. We ask for your understanding on this matter.
- Can I make a reservation (photo shooting) with a couple friends?
If you can make an appointment at a visit time of 30 minutes difference, the time taken for shooting on the beach overlaps 30 minutes so shooting with you is possible.
In addition, please inform us in advance if you would like to shoot together.
- When will my photo data be available?
Photo date is generally prepared within 30 days of the shooting date. At this time, we will provide a special URL where you can download the data.
For customers wishing for an expedited time, the early data download option must be selected. Please note that the this option is not possible if skin processing is selected.
- Is the groom’s hair set included in the plan?
The groom’s hair set is not included in the plan. During the bride's hair makeup, the groom will be waiting, so you will be required to go on your own in the meantime. We have simple spray and wax for the groom in the salon, but we recommend bringing your own from Japan so you can have your best hair.
Also, please do shave beforehand because we do not have shaving tools and washroom prepared.
For those customers who are willing to avail an additional option, we have groom’s hair set service.
Clothing & Accessories
- Will additional charges occur depending on the costumes or accessories you choose?
- No extra fee will be incurred if you choose either costumes or small items that are available at the salon.
Please do not worry to choose one of your favorite clothes.
- Do we have to bring anything ourselves?
- Bride:Please bring a white or beige brassiere or bridal inner with no shoulder strap.
- Groom:Please bring socks matching the color of suit you choose.
・If wearing a tuxedo, socks should be longer than the ankle and be suitable with leather shoes (white or black)
・If wearing shorts, please wear socks that won't show when wearing shoes such as boat shoes or sneakers.
※ In addition, we also sell locally ($ 5 per foot)
- Is any special underwear needed when wearing wedding dresses?
- If you own any underdress wear, please feel free to use it. For those who do not have any such wear, it is preferable to wear a thin color that cannot be seen from the dress such as white or beige, a strapless shoulder is preferable. Please understand beforehand that it will be worn in weaving down if the straps cannot be removed. If you choose a thin color of a simple design, even if you choose a tight dress it cannot be seen.
- Do you charge any additional fees if we bring our own clothes?
No fees will be charged for any clothing, bouquets, or other materials. However, please be aware that we will not provide any discounts even if you bring or provide such materials.
We will bring your Dress and Tuxedo. Please note that we are not responsible for any breakage or damage at the shooting (crumples, dirt, damaged buttons, zipper etc). Please acknowledge it beforehand.
- I'd like to send a carry-on dress to the salon in advance
- There is no space to store large luggage such as dresses in the salon, so we refuse.
- What sizes are available?
＜Male＞■Tuxedo - Black XS ～ 3XL / White XS ～ 4XL■Shoes - Black 24.5 ～ 30cm / White 24.5 ～ 30cm
＜Women＞■Wedding dresses - Size 5 ～ 20 (waist up to 100cm)■Shoes - 21 ～ 26cm
Some sizes have limited availability and may also be unavailable if being used by other customers or if being cleaned.
- I would like to see clothing before shooting
- In case of applying domestic pre-fitting is optional, you can try it in Japan once.
For guests availing regular plan, you can still see the dresses in advance except our popular limited dress. Thank you for your understanding.
- Are there any maternity wedding dresses?
- We do not have dresses strictly for maternity; however we have dresses that do not tighten around the stomach area. (e.g. flare dresses, empire dresses, and more)
- Are there clothing for rent for the guests?
- We apologize but we do not provide such service.
- I'm worried whether the costume sizes that had been said fits me?
- You can see clothes on the day, and you can try 2 to 3 clothes even among them.
You can also check the size sense at that time, please do not worry.
- How many dresses do you have to choose from?
- At Royal Kaila, we have around 100 dresses at any one time.
- I'd like to bring in Hakurei and bouquet
- Please feel free to bring. Also, inform our staff in advance. No additional fee will be charged.
- Is there a veil?
- We are preparing from short veil to long veil.
However, in the case of shooting at the beach, the wind is strong, so the face may be hidden, so we do not recommend it much.
- What kind of head pieces are available?
- We are preparing various kinds such as corolla (artificial flower), headpiece (artificial flower), tiara etc.
Depending on the dress and bouquet you choose and hairstyle, we have chosen the day.
- What kind of shooting accessories are included in the plan?
- White parasols, Photo props (design is random), sunglasses.
If you have anything you would like to use, please feel free to tell us on the day.
- Can I bring accessories?
To prevent interference with shooting, it is possible to bring in two postcards (148 mm × 200 mm) in size up to 3 points.
If you wish to bring more accessories, please use the optional "Add Attendant".
Please note that we do not hold any responsibility for the loss or damage of accessories.
- I am not good at English, is that okay?
- Please do not worry. All the staffs such as salon staff, attendants, hair makeup etc. will be Japanese.
- Is there a locker in the salon?
- Lockers are available for valuables.
However, please refrain from bringing in a large sum of money.
- How can I get a wedding ring?
- We will exchange rings during the wedding ceremony, so please buy beforehand.
- What do I do with make-up and hair during my wedding in Hawaii?
- Please be assured that Royal Kaila’s Wedding Hair & Make-up artist is a Japanese professional.
The staff will visit your room on the wedding day (there is no business trip charge).
While listening to your request (showing of sample photos of your desired style) you can feel safe and finish your hair and make-up.
In addition, beach photos and some wedding plan, hair & makeup will be done at the salon.
- Is it possible to do hair & makeup by myself?
- Yes it is possible, please inform our staff beforehand.
- I am worried about make-up because my skin is weak.
If you have any specific cosmetic products you are using normally for yourself please do bring it and we will use those for your skin. Please tell the staff in advance.
- Is there a false eyelashes service?
There is preparation in the salon, but it will be sold at $ 10 per set.
Also, because the type is not as abundant as in Japan, we recommend that you bring things you like, if you would like to wear false eyelashes.
In case you will bring your own false eye lashes, please bring glue (adhesive, tape) as well.
- Can I make a body makeup?
- We apologize, but we cannot do a body make up as the foundation will stick to the dress.
- Do you have a wig?
- Although we have at the salon, we recommend that you bring your own wig because hair quality and hair color are different.
- I’m worried that people will be reflected in the background of my images
We recommend you to plan your shooting before lunch time and weekdays because there are more people than usual on the beach on Friday evening hours and Saturdays and public holidays; people may be reflected on the back.
In addition, even when people are reflected, we will send you some modifications when delivering with data.
- Can I change attire on the beach?
- You cannot change attire on the beach
- Can I breast-feed during shooting?
- For children who need breastfeeding, breastfeeding cannot be done while on shooting. Breast feeding after while wearing a dress is difficult, so please do it in advance and prepare milk if necessary.
- The shooting date is our hotel moving date; can you keep my luggage temporarily?
- There is no space to store big luggage at the local salon. We ask you to visit the salon after depositing it in the hotel you will be staying.
- Can children accompany me?
In Hawaii it is forbidden to keep one child under the age of 12 by law.
If children are with you, please accompany your child with an adult (over 20 years old) who can take care of the child besides the couple.
Although there attendants in some of our plans, attendant has their role of assisting the shooting of the couple and cannot take care of children.
We are asking for one babysitter per child for children under 8 years old.
The babysitter arrangement fee will change depending on the shooting place and plan, so please contact the staff if you are unsure.
- Can I have my child ride in a van?
Yes you may, please be sure to arrange a baby sitter or an adult who can take care of your child. Please inform us if you wish to arrange options at our shop.
In case you arrange by yourself, please arrange from the start time to the end time (from the visit time of the salon to the time of returning from the salon).
(Inside the van, if there are children, it is possible to ride up to 3 people including at least one adult.)
- Where is the babysitter's accompanying range?
We will keep you at the salon when you visit, and we will wait outside the salon when the couples are preparing.
When limousine departs, babysitter and children will be on board and we will bring you to the shooting location.
After the shooting ends, we will hand over your child if you return with the salon and you have changed your couple's clothing.
- Can I shoot with guests?
- Of course, it is possible. Please tell the staff in advance.